10 Healthy Meals for Your Work Week
We all know we should eat more healthily. Many of us simply don’t have the time it takes to plan and prepare healthy meals. We want to help you take the guesswork out of what to eat this week. We’ve gathered 5 healthy, easy to prep and pack for work lunches and 5 fast, easy and delicious dinners for each work night this week. That’s 10 healthy meals for your workweek.
Healthy Lunches to Pack for Work
- Hummus and Veggie Wraps – These are a great, tasty way to get in extra veggies. Use whatever veggies you have on hand. You’ll get extra protein from the hummus and by adding some deli meat or grilled chicken. Switch out white flour tortillas for some whole wheat or low carb options to increase your nutrients.
- Deli Snack Box – The options are truly endless when it comes to creating a deli snack box. Include a veggie, fruit, cheese, protein, and carb. These snack boxes are light while still being filling and full of variety, color, and good nutrition.
- Kale Salad – If you’ve never tried a Kale Salad, you’re really missing out. Massage some olive oil into the leaves to soften them, add some lemon juice, slivered almonds, dried cranberries, and parmesan and you’ve got a delicious meal. Throw on some shredded chicken for some filling protein to round it out.
- Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps – Tuna salad is always a great go-to healthy lunch option. Wrapping it in lettuce instead of bread is a perfect way to reduce your simple carb intake and avoid that afternoon carb crash. If you’re trying to cut down on fat, try this mayo-free rendition of tuna salad, full of flavor.
- Burrito Bowl – Rather than head to your favorite burrito bowl restaurant, save ten bucks by packing your own! You’ll save money and calories by building your own, simple burrito bowl.
Easy, Healthy Weeknight Dinners
- Burger Bowls – Burger bowls are a super easy, fast, low carb meal to throw together on a weeknight. Grab a bag of sweet potato chips or frozen sweet potato fries as a low maintenance side item.
- One Pan Balsamic Chicken – Any recipe with “one pan” in the title is a winner! Easy preparation and easy cleanup. This delicious 30-minute dinner from Better Homes & Gardens is sure to be a favorite.
- Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup – This soup is our only slow cooker meal on the list, so it does require a little extra prep work. It’s still super simple and easy and once you’ve thrown it all in, it can cook away while you’re at work. The soup also makes great leftovers for lunches the next day.
- Avocado Salmon Rice Bowl – Here’s a meal that’s full of healthy fats and omega-3s. You can purchase bags of frozen salmon fairly inexpensively. You can also swap the white rice for brown or even buy a bag of frozen cauliflower rice to increase nutrient density.
- Cauliflower Crust Veggie Pizza – You can purchase a frozen cauliflower pizza crust in your local grocer’s freezer section. Sometimes they even come with two crusts in a box! Add some pizza sauce and your favorite toppings for a healthy variation on pizza night.
March is National Nutrition Month! Visit our Wellness Calendar for a free download of the upcoming Wellness Observances. If you’re interested in hosting a health fair at your workplace, check out our FREE planning tools. If you’re a healthcare provider, register a booth at a health fair near you!