National Migraine & Headache Awareness Month
Observed During: June, 2022
The Prevalence of Migraine Disease and Headache Disorders
- Migraine is the 3rd most common illness in the world
- Migraine disease is the 6th most disabling illness in the world
- 1 billion people worldwide are living with migraine disease and headache disorders
- 40 million Americans are living with migraine disease and headache disorders
- 1 in 4 U.S. households includes someone living with migraine disease
- Migraine affects 28 million women in the United States
- Over 4 million adults experience chronic migraine with an average of 15 attacks per month
- Migraine is a neurological disorder
- Over half of Migraine sufferers have not been medically diagnosed
- Migraine headaches are a significant deterrent to productivity and absences from the workplace
WorkMigraine by The National Headache Foundation
WorkMigraine is a program developed to help educate and recommend seeking treatment to employees who may be migraine sufferers, employers or Human Resource representatives.
On the first visit to WorkMigraine.com users will be prompted to register with an email address and password. After registration, there is a brief survey to complete about current headache frequency and intensity. After the survey is completed, users will gain access to purchase the appropriate education modules.
Those who have incorporated WorkMigraine into their workplace have experienced a dramatic increase in productivity and a decrease in absences due to headaches. Awareness about headache triggers and treatment options are key to decreasing Migraines and headaches in the workplace. See the link below to get started!
Links Share a Link
Promotions Share a Promotion
Invite employees to visit this FREE Virtual Headache Awareness & Treatment Expo being held Tuesday, June 29, 2011. Visit wellness providers that offer services that assist in preventing, relieving, and managing migraine headaches.
Aroma Therapy – How aromas can trigger or relieve your headaches
Posture – How your posture and spinal adjustments can affect your headaches
Nutrition – How what you eat can affect your headaches
Stress – Relieving stress can significantly decrease headaches
Physical Activity – How incorporating physical activity into your life can decrease stress, blood pressure, and other issues that lead to recurring headaches.
Sleep – Adequate sleep contributes to headaches. Find out if your sleep habits may be an underlying cause.
Acupuncture – How acupuncture is used to relieve and eliminate headaches.
Yoga – How proper stretching and body alignment decreases stress and can eliminate headaches.
Over 40 million Americans suffer from the neurological disease of Migraine headaches. Many migraine sufferers remain undiagnosed and untreated. This event will educate visitors on many ways they can prevent, treat and relieve headaches.
Each virtual booth contains great resources, an educational video, and links to video or audio chat with the headache treatment specialists.