Advanced Degree & Continuing EducationJoin Now
Advanced Degree & Continuing Education
The School of Continuing Education offers applied professional master’s degrees and certifications; courses for graduate school preparation, professional advancement, or personal enrichment; and structured programs for graduate school or college preparation. (Source: Columbia University School of Continuing Education)
The following benefits can be derived from obtaining more education:
- Those with jobs who obtain graduate degrees improve promotion opportunities and can qualify for higher wages. It is often required to complete specialized training to quality for certain jobs, such as management or administration positions.
- Obtaining additional education can also increase one’s marketability in the job market.
- Continuing education is the way to develop new skills or knowledge necessary for a career transition.
- Continuing education is a great way to learn about subjects of personal interest. Courses taken do not necessarily have to be related to an individual’s job.
- Obtaining more education can improve one’s image in family or social circles.
- Obtaining additional education or completing a college program can enhance self-image and have positive effects on other aspects of a person’s life.
Some people enroll in college because they love learning, while some do so to qualify for certain jobs. However, many people feel unable to re-enroll in college since they must keep their full-time jobs. Working professionals wanting to keep their jobs but obtain more education can enroll in online continuing education programs.
People can return to school at any age. In fact, many older adults and working professionals are taking advantage of the opportunities provided by returning to college or earning additional degrees. (Source: Education Corner)Helpful Links about Advanced Degree & Continuing Education 6 Reasons Why Graduate School Pays Off The Benefits of a Master’s of Education